Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 4 potatoes
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup soya milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Boil water and cook potatoes until semi soft (easy to cut and will bake faster).
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- While potatoes are boiling melt vegan margarine on med/low in sauce pan.
- Once margarine is melted stir in flour and garlic powder to make a paste.
- Then stir in soya milk until it reaches a thick sauce like texture and let simmer a minute or 2 but do not let thicken back to paste and remove from heat.
- Slice potatoes into rounds and place in side oven safe container.
- Mix in fake cheese sauce and put thick layer on top of potatoes.
- At this point you may also sprinkle on soya parmasan if desired.
- Bake in oven for 10-15mins keeping close eye to make sure it doesn't burn — you want the sauce to bubble and thicken a little.
- Then turn the oven up to broil and broil the top of the potatoes until they are golden brown. Enjoy!