Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vegan, but you would never guess it. This pie is so rich and decadent it almost tastes more like a key lime cheesecake!
- 1 (12⅓ ounce) package Mori-Nu firm silken tofu (I use lite)
- 8 ounces soy cream cheese
- ½ cup key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated key lime rind
- 2 (4 ounce) packages Mori-Nu Mates vanilla pudding mix (must be this brand, it's made to go with the tofu)
- 1 tablespoon liquid sweetener, to taste (I use honey but that's not vegan!)
- 1 (9 inch) baked pastry shells or graham cracker crust (I prefer graham)
- Drain any excess water from the tofu.
- Blend tofu and lime juice in a processor or blender until creamy and smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except crust!), and blend again until smooth.
- At this point, i had to transfer the mixture to a bowl and beat on high speed with an electric mixer, since it was too thick and stiff for my blender.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and chill 2 – 3 hours or until firm.
This sets up very firm. It also makes a great pudding or little tartlet filling for fancy desserts!
For those who try with other pudding mixes. Make sure your mix is Vegan. Commercial mixes can contain meat by products making them not Vegan or Vegetarian