- 4 pieces focaccia squares, 4X6" , cut in half, horizontally.
- 1 large round Eggplant, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 yelloe onions, sliced thin
- 2 tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 3 cups fresh spinach, clean and dry.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- For Pesto Sauce:
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup bazil leaves
- 1 cup spinach
- Brush Eggplant lightly with a drop of olive oil and 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar and grill. Carmelize Onion with 1 teaspoon olive oil, cooking slowly over medium heat until golden brown. Roast red peppers.
- Spread 1/4 cup pesto on top and bottom of focaccia square. Layer Eggplant, roasted red pepper, carmelized onions, tomato and fresh spinach. Grill sandwich in pan or griddle over medium heat for four minutes.