Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 2 cups soya milk
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ cup cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ½ cup unbleached flour
- Blend the soymilk, water, cashews, and seasonings in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a double boiler and heat.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small saucepan.
- Add the flour to make a roux.
- Then whisk it into the heated soy milk mixture to make a light, creamy sauce.
- For a thicker sauce, use more roux.