Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 whole dried red peppers or 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. dried leaf thyme or 1 tsp. ground thyme
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced lengthwise into quarters and then into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 large or 2 medium leeks (white parts only), rinsed and sliced lengthwise info 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch wide slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch wide slices
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 Tbs. fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 large tomato, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 16-oz cans black beans
- Thin lime or orange slices, and cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Cooked rice (optional)
- Heat a little veggie broth or water and add dried red peppers or crushed red pepper flakes, cumin and thyme; lower heat and cook 1 minute.
- Add sweet potatoes; cook 5 minutes.
- Add leeks; cook 5 minutes more.
- Stir in bell peppers and Onion, cook 5 minutes.
- Add lime juice, combine well and cook 5 minutes more.
- Add tomato slices.
- Coat saucepan with nonstick cooking spray; set over low heat.
- Add beans and cook, stirring, until hot, about 3 minutes; drain.
- Place beans in a casserole or serving bowl; add vegetables.
- Garnish with lime or orange slices, cilantro sprigs; serve at once.
- Serve over rice if desired.
Makes 6 servings.