Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are some Veg. Starter Recipes you had requested. Hope you enjoy 'em. Bye!!! Aloo Rolls (Refined flour rolls stuffed with potatoes) recipe ingredients 500 g (1.1 lb) Potatoes, boiled, mashed
2 1/2 cups (250 g) 9 oz Refined flour (maida) 2 tsp (10 ml) Vegetable oil 1/2 tsp (1 gm) Cumin (jeera) seeds 1 inch Ginger (adrak), finely chopped a few Green chillies, finely chopped 1/2 tsp (1 g) Turmeric (haldi) powder Red chilli powder to taste Salt to taste Vegetable oil for deep-frying
method 1. Knead the flour with enough water to make a medium-soft dough. Keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a pan; add cumin seeds. When it starts crackling, add ginger and green chillies. Mix well. Add potatoes and the remaining spices; mix well. Remove and keep side.
3. Divide the dough equally into 10 portions. Roll each out into a round roti; roast and shallow fry each roti with oil. Repeat till all the rotis are made.
4. Spread 3 tbsp of potato stuffing on each roti and roll tightly. Serve hot
Baked bread stuffed with chickpea flour (Makuni Litty) recipe ingredients 3 cups (300 g) 11 oz Wholewheat flour (atta)
1 cup (100 g) 3 1/2 oz Roasted chickpea flour (sattoo) 2 tsp (10 ml) Mustard (sarson) oil Salt to taste Red chilli powder to taste
method 1. Knead the wholewheat flour with water till soft. Divide the dough to make 5 cm balls.
2. In a bowl, mix the roasted chickpea flour, mustard oil, salt, and red chilli powder. Keep the filling aside.
3. Take a ball, make a deep depression with your thumb and add 2 tsp of the filling. Pinch the edges to seal. Repeat with the other balls.
4. Bake the stuffed balls on charcoal embers turning them constantly so that they are uniformly baked and a light coloured crust is formed.
5. Serve hot with ghee, thick dal, and vegetables.
Corn croquettes (Bhutte Ke Pakore) recipe ingredients 200 g (7 oz) Corn (bhutta), grated
2 Bread, slices 1 tsp (6 g) Ginger (adrak) paste 1 tsp (5 g) Green chilli paste 1/2 tsp (1 g) White pepper (safed mirch) powder 1 tbsp (4 g) Green coriander (hara dhaniya), chopped Salt to taste Vegetable oil for frying For the mint chutney: 1 bunch Mint (pudina) leaves 2 Green chillies 1 Onion, small 1/2 tsp (3 ml) Lemon (nimbu) juice Salt to taste 1 tsp (2 g) Cumin (jeera) seeds
method 1. Mix all the ingredients (except oil and ingredients for the mint chutney) together.
2. Divide the mixture equally into lemon-sized balls. Flatten each piece into desired shape.
3. Heat the oil in a pan till smoking; shallow fry the croquettes till golden brown. Remove and drain the excess oil on absorbent kitchen towels.
4. For the mint chutney, mix and blend all the ingredients to a fine paste.
5. Serve the croquettes hot with this chutney.