- Cut slits into the veal and insert the garlic slivers into the slots.
- Place the veal in a utensil with a cover and add ¼ cup oil, paprika, pepper, oregano, salt and lemon juice.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight preheat oven to 400 °F
- Transfer veal to a baking dish and add the marinade.
- Cover with foil and place the veal in the oven.
- Bake 1 hour, covered.
- Remove the foil and continue baking, basting occasionally, until the veal is tender, about 1 more hour meanwhile, place the prunes in a saucepan and add the water, brown sugar and ¼ cup oil.
- Bring to a boil and simmer,covered ½ hour, or until the prunes are tender.
- Keep warm.
- Before the meat is done, heat the remaining ¾ cup oil in a skillet and add the almonds.
- Cook, stirring until they are golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Slice the meat,put on a platter and keep hot.
- Drain the prunes, arrange on a platter and scatter the almonds over them.
- Serve the meat with the prunes and almonds as an accompaniment.
- Bake in 375 °F oven for ½ hour.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.