Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ pound mushrooms -- thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1½ pints veal stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chervil -- chopped or 1 teaspoon dried chervil
- ⅝ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons madeira
- Melt butter, moderate heat.
- When foam subsides, reduce to low, add mushrooms.
- Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour over moderate heat.
- Gradually add veal stock, stirring constantly. Boil.
- Reduce to low, simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in salt, chervil and cream.
- Pour into warm tureen.
- Stir in madeira and serve immediately.