Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 3 lb veal shoulder or rump roast
- ¼ lb bacon, cut into small pieces
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs parsley, finely chopped or 1 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 medium onions, quartered
- 6 carrots, quartered
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup water
- Cut slits in veal with sharp knife.
- Put a piece of bacon in each slit.
- Mix salt, pepper, oregano, garlic and parsley together.
- Put a little of the mixture into each slit.
- Heat oil in a roasting pan and brown veal on all sides.
- Remove from top of stove.
- Arrange vegetables around the browned veal, add water, cover and roast in 300°F oven for 2½ to 3 hours.