Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This veal piccata with orange sauce recipe brought to you from the recipes.eu.com recipe collection
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: webmaster@MealsForYou.com Copyright © 1996-1998 Meals For You.
- 1 lb lean veal cutlets
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons low calorie margarine
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp fresh sage, minced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- Place flour on a large plate and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet, melt ¼ cup of margarine.
- Coat the veal with flour, shaking off excess.
- Add to the skillet, in batches, and cook for 30 seconds on each side.
- Transfer to a warm plate and keep warm.
- Discard the pan drippings.
- Add ½ cup of the orange juice to the pan and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits.
- Boil 1 – 2 minutes or until juice is reduced to a glaze.
- Add remaining ½ cup orange juice and sage; season with salt and pepper and bring back to a boil.
- Boil 1 – 2 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and whisk in remaining 2 tbs.
- Of margarine.
- Transfer veal to a platter, spoon orange sauce on top and garnish with orange slices and fresh parsley to serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 432 | fat 26.3g | 55% calories from fat | cholesterol 89mg | protein 25.5g | carbohydrates 22.6g | fiber 1.6g | sodium 274mg
- Exchanges: lean meat 4 | starch 1