This veal piccata with orange sauce recipe brought to you from the recipes.eu.com recipe collection
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: webmaster@MealsForYou.com Copyright © 1996-1998 Meals For You.
- 1 lb lean veal cutlets
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons low calorie margarine
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp fresh sage, minced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- Place flour on a large plate and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet, melt ¼ cup of margarine.
- Coat the veal with flour, shaking off excess.
- Add to the skillet, in batches, and cook for 30 seconds on each side.
- Transfer to a warm plate and keep warm.
- Discard the pan drippings.
- Add ½ cup of the orange juice to the pan and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits.
- Boil 1 – 2 minutes or until juice is reduced to a glaze.
- Add remaining ½ cup orange juice and sage; season with salt and pepper and bring back to a boil.
- Boil 1 – 2 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and whisk in remaining 2 tbs.
- Of margarine.
- Transfer veal to a platter, spoon orange sauce on top and garnish with orange slices and fresh parsley to serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 432 | fat 26.3g | 55% calories from fat | cholesterol 89mg | protein 25.5g | carbohydrates 22.6g | fiber 1.6g | sodium 274mg
- Exchanges: lean meat 4 | starch 1