- Serves 4
- 4 veal chops
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp green peppercorns in brine, drained
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 2 fl.oz fresh chicken stock
- 4 fl.oz double cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and season the veal chops with salt.
- Heat the butter and the olive oil in a large frying pan until very hot, then add the veal chops and brown on both sides.
- Transfer the chops to a shallow ovenproof dish, and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the green peppercorns to the remaining juices in the frying pan and heat over a low heat while you warm the brandy in a separate small saucepan.
- Carefully ignite the warm brandy and pour into the frying pan.
- Once the flames have subsided, add the stock and boil, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the cream, mix well then continue to cook for 3–4 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Adjust the seasoning of the sauce then pour over the cooked veal chops.
- Serve immediately.