This great Belgian dish shows how nature takes care of us with the best ingredients it has ! Enjoy this recipe for 4 servings !
- 25 g / 1 oz butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 veal chops
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 325 g / 12 oz mixed wild mushrooms (e.g. shiitakes, ceps, portobellos), cleaned and halved
- 60 ml / 2 fl.oz Belgian blond beer
- 120 ml / 4 fl.oz double cream
- 1 heaped tbsp freshly chopped chervil
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C / 300 °F / gas mark 2.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan until hot, add the chops and sauté for 5 minutes on each side until browned.
- Remove to an ovenproof serving platter, season with salt and pepper, cover with aluminium foil and place in the oven to keep warm and continue cooking.
- Reheat the oil in the pan, add the shallot and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and beer to the frying pan, mix well and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, turning from time to time until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the cream, mix well and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper then stir in the chervil and mix well.
- To serve - remove the chops from the oven and pour the sauce over the top of them.
- Serve immediately.