Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This great Belgian dish shows how nature takes care of us with the best ingredients it has ! Enjoy this recipe for 4 servings !
- 25 g / 1 oz butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 veal chops
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 325 g / 12 oz mixed wild mushrooms (e.g. shiitakes, ceps, portobellos), cleaned and halved
- 60 ml / 2 fl.oz Belgian blond beer
- 120 ml / 4 fl.oz double cream
- 1 heaped tbsp freshly chopped chervil
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C / 300 °F / gas mark 2.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan until hot, add the chops and sauté for 5 minutes on each side until browned.
- Remove to an ovenproof serving platter, season with salt and pepper, cover with aluminium foil and place in the oven to keep warm and continue cooking.
- Reheat the oil in the pan, add the shallot and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and beer to the frying pan, mix well and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, turning from time to time until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the cream, mix well and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper then stir in the chervil and mix well.
- To serve - remove the chops from the oven and pour the sauce over the top of them.
- Serve immediately.