Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
If you have your butcher remove the bone, you can fill the cavity with any desired stuffing. A 6-lb roast will then serve eight to ten hungry people.
- Cookbook: The Fannie Farmer Cookbook
- Typed By: Susan
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6 to 8
- 4 – 6 lb veal roast, leg or loin
- ½ cup oil
- 4 turnips, peeled and quartered
- 12 carrots, peeled and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced or quartered
- 1½ cup chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Place the meat in a roasting pan and rub it with the oil.
- Roast 30 minutes per pound, until the veal registers 160°F on a meat thermometer.
- One hour before the end of the roasting time, scatter the vegetables around the roast in the pan and add the chicken broth.
- When the roast is done the pan juices may be thickened and used as a sauce.