If you have your butcher remove the bone, you can fill the cavity with any desired stuffing. A 6-lb roast will then serve eight to ten hungry people.
- Cookbook: The Fannie Farmer Cookbook
- Typed By: Susan
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6 to 8
- 4 – 6 lb veal roast, leg or loin
- ½ cup oil
- 4 turnips, peeled and quartered
- 12 carrots, peeled and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced or quartered
- 1½ cup chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Place the meat in a roasting pan and rub it with the oil.
- Roast 30 minutes per pound, until the veal registers 160°F on a meat thermometer.
- One hour before the end of the roasting time, scatter the vegetables around the roast in the pan and add the chicken broth.
- When the roast is done the pan juices may be thickened and used as a sauce.