Thin slices of boneless veal wrapped around succulent stuffing. Nice with hot tart applesauce.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Fannie Farmer Cookbook by Marion Cunningham
- Typed By: Susan Godfrey *firstname.lastname@example.org*
- Serves 4
- 1½ lbs veal cutlets, trimmed
- 1½ cups Celery Stuffing
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- freshly ground pepper
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pound the veal with a meat mallet or the edge of a saucer until ½ inch thick.
- Cut into 4 x 6-inch pieces.
- Spread some stuffing down the middle of each piece and roll lengthwise.
- Tie securely with string.
- Melt the butter and oil in a pan and brown the veal birds on all sides, a few at a time.
- Transfer to a casserole, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and pour the chicken broth over them.
- Cover and cook in the oven 45 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cook, uncovered, for 20 – 30 minutes more.