Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Thin slices of boneless veal wrapped around succulent stuffing. Nice with hot tart applesauce.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Fannie Farmer Cookbook by Marion Cunningham
- Typed By: Susan Godfrey *email@example.com*
- Serves 4
- 1½ lbs veal cutlets, trimmed
- 1½ cups Celery Stuffing
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- freshly ground pepper
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pound the veal with a meat mallet or the edge of a saucer until ½ inch thick.
- Cut into 4 x 6-inch pieces.
- Spread some stuffing down the middle of each piece and roll lengthwise.
- Tie securely with string.
- Melt the butter and oil in a pan and brown the veal birds on all sides, a few at a time.
- Transfer to a casserole, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and pour the chicken broth over them.
- Cover and cook in the oven 45 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cook, uncovered, for 20 – 30 minutes more.