- In a large stock pot, heat the dende oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and chiles.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are well softened.
- Add the tomatoes, lime juice, ground shrimp, and cashew butter and stir together for 1 minute more.
- Begin adding the chicken stock, ½ cup at a time, stirring all the time to keep the mixture smooth.
- Add the coconut milk, cilantro, salt, and tabasco.
- When ready to serve, brush a very large, deep skillet or saucepan with a little oil and place in the fish in a single layer.
- Place the pan over medium-low heat and, when it just begins to sizzle, pour in the broth mixture and slowly bring up to a simmer.
- Cook for about 8 minutes, or until the fish is opaque, adding the shrimp for the last 2 minutes of simmering time.
- Distribute the fish evenly among 6 or 8 bowls.
- Taste the broth for seasoning and pour over the fish.
- Squeeze a wedge of lime over each bowl and drop it in.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired, and serve.