Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hot Slaw - Serves 6
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup vinegar
- Shred the cabbage.
- Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Mix in the flour, salt, mustard, sugar and pepper until smooth.
- Melt the butter in the top of a double boiler over boiling water and stir in egg mixture and milk.
- Slowly add the vinegar, beating constantly, and cook 5 minutes, or until sauce is thick.
- Cook cabbage in salted water to cover for 6 minutes.
- Do not overcook. Cabbage should be crisp.
- Drain well.
- Mix cabbage and sauce and serve hot.