Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 kg or 7½ cups flour
- 800 g (28 oz) meat
- 500 g (18 oz) onions
- 150 g (5 oz) mutton fat
- 50 g (2 oz) butter
- cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- For the filling, put meat through a meat- grinder, combine well with chopped onions, cubed fat, salt and spices.
- To make dough, add warm water and salt to sifted flour, let stand for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Roll out dough into 3 – 4 mm (⅛ inch) layer and grease surface with melted butter.
- Roll up the dough tightly forming a log, and cool.
- Cut log into 70 g (2⅕ oz) pieces and place on their flat sides.
- Roll out into small flat rounds.
- Place a spoonful of filling in the center, pinch edges around the filling forming oval pastry, and completely enclose the meat.
- Stick samsa to walls of tandoor, sprinkle water on top, and bake 20 – 30 minutes.