Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vanilla crescent cookies from Austria
- 60 g finely shredded almonds (about 2 ounces)
- 100 g cold butter (about 3.5 ounces)
- 40 g powdered sugar (about 1.5 ounces)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 vanilla beans (cut each bean in half and scrape seeds out)
- 135 g all-purpose flour (about 5 ounces)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Slightly toast the almonds in an ungreased pan, then take them off the heat and let cool.
- Knead the butter, powdered sugar, egg yolk, vanilla (about half the seeds), flour, almonds and salt quickly to a dough.
- Chill the dough for two hours.
- Then take the dough out of the refrigerator, form little crescents of it and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 200°C (400°F) for about 10 minutes.
- Take them off the sheet and roll them in a mixture of 100 – 150 g (about 4 – 5 ounces) powdered sugar and vanilla (remaining seeds), while they are still hot.