This divine dessert sauce is made with strawberries, real fruit juice, vanilla extract, and cornstarch and is great on other desserts, as it always keeps a creamy taste with the sugar content.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries, with sugar added and thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a saucepan, combine the strawberries with the sugar, vanilla extract, and cornstarch.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and clear. Remove from heat.
- Mix with the lemon juice; cool. Serve hot or cold then pair this fruit-based sauce with any dessert. Reserve the remaining dessert sauce in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 3 cups