This is a recipe I obtained from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hager estate in Canton, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by catsrecipes y-group
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup pecans finely chopped
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream cold
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- pecan topping
Pecan topping Edit
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- When foam subsides add finely chopped pecans and reduce heat to low.
- Sauté pecans stirring frequently until coated with butter and aromatic about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Beat eggs in large bowl until blended then beat in sugarand salt until eggs are light in color and mixture is creamy then stir in half and half and vanilla until blended.
- Cook over low heat about 10 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and then chill.
- Beat heavy cream in chilled bowl with chilled beaters until soft peaks form then fold into egg mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Process in ice creammaker according to manufacturers directions then serve with pecan topping.