Eagle brand® makes the easiest ice cream ever! Cool down with this homemade ice cream that is sure to be a highlight at any get-together.
- Contributed by Sylvia at World Recipes Y-Group
- Prep Time: 10 minutes | Freezing Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: Makes about 1½ quarts
- 4 cups (2 pints) half-and-half or light cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle brand® sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- In 2-quart ice cream freezer container, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Freeze leftovers.
- Notes: refrigerator-freezer method: omit half and half.
- In large bowl, combine Eagle brand® and vanilla.
- Fold in 2 cups (1 pint) whipping cream, whipped (do not use non-dairy whipped topping).
- Pour into 9x5-inch loaf pan or other 2 quart container.
- Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
- Freeze leftovers. Enjoy
- Peach Ice Cream: Reduce vanilla to 1 tablespoon and add 1 teaspoon almond extract, 4 drops yellow and 2 drops red food coloring. If desired add 2 cups mashed fresh or frozen peaches, thawed or 1 (16-ounce) can peaches, drained and mashed. Proceed as above.
- Strawberry Ice Cream: Reduce vanilla to 1 tablespoon. Add 2 cups mashed fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed and few drops red food coloring if desired. Proceed as above.
- Banana Ice Cream: Reduce vanilla to 1 tablespoon; add 2 cups mashed bananas (4 medium). Proceed as above.