Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
About 2 cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 vanilla beans, halved, split and scraped
- 1 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium pan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla beans and seeds. Add water and cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until thickened.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Whisking constantly, pour one fourth of hot sugar mixture into egg yolks; add egg yolk mixture back to hot sugar mixture, whisking to combine. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove vanilla beans from curd; stir in vanilla extract. Let cool; spoon curd into airtight containers and store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Cooking with Paula Deen, Paula Deen's Holiday Baking 2007