In Romanian: crema de vanilie I
- 1 pint / 500 ml boiling milk
- ½ vanilla stick
- 6 yolks
- 7 oz / 200 g sugar
- 2 oz / 60 g flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Set the milk to boil with the vanilla.
- Then remove from heat, cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, mix the yolks with the sugar and flour and then gradually add the milk that was warmed again.
- Set on heat, stirring continuously, until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat, add the butter and stir until the cream starts to cool.