Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Say goodbye to dry or dense cakes! This vanilla cake is so light, fluffy, and moist thanks to the help of a few special ingredients.
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- First separate the eggs putting the whites in a medium-sized bowl. Set the yolks aside for now. (Make sure there is no residue on your beaters or in the bowl or else your egg whites won't foam.) Beat this egg whites until they have soft peaks. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar for about a minute or until it comes together nicely.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time and also add vanilla.
- Alternate adding your dry ingredients and buttermilk. (BE sure to sift your dry ingredients into the batter.)
- Fold in egg whites.
- Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans.
- Distribute batter evenly among them
- Bake these at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 28-30 minutes.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire cooling rack and let cool completely.