Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn b aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 tbsp shortening
- 1 tbsp flour
- ⅓ cup shortening
- 1½ cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 13 maraschino cherries
- 1 package white frosting mix
- coconut flakes
- Heat oven to 375 °F.
- Grease 9 x 9 x 2 inch square pan  or use a heart cake pan with 1 tablespoon of shortening.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of flour over the pan.
- Beat shortening, flour, half of the milk, sugar, baking powder, egg and vanilla in large bowl.
- Add the remaining milk and mix together.
- Then beat for 2 minutes.
- Scrape batter into the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- Prepare frosting as shown on package.
- Remove cake from pan and cut into heart shape. 
- Spread frosting over cake.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes and decorate with cherries.