Contributed by Jenn b aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 tbsp shortening
- 1 tbsp flour
- ⅓ cup shortening
- 1½ cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 13 maraschino cherries
- 1 package white frosting mix
- coconut flakes
- Heat oven to 375 °F.
- Grease 9 x 9 x 2 inch square pan  or use a heart cake pan with 1 tablespoon of shortening.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of flour over the pan.
- Beat shortening, flour, half of the milk, sugar, baking powder, egg and vanilla in large bowl.
- Add the remaining milk and mix together.
- Then beat for 2 minutes.
- Scrape batter into the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- Prepare frosting as shown on package.
- Remove cake from pan and cut into heart shape. 
- Spread frosting over cake.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes and decorate with cherries.