Contributed by Jenn b aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- From Spikejamie Site Recipes
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 drops Red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1¼ cups shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 300 °F.
- Place the egg whites in a glass mixing bowl with salt
- Beat until the whites are stiff.
- Slowly add 1 cup of sugar beating constantly.
- Mix in food coloring, almond extract and coconut using a slow deliberate mix to avoid deflating the mixture.
- Drop the mixture from a teaspoon onto a greased and well-floured baking sheet.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
- Turn oven off and let kisses sit in oven for 1½ hours