Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 2 to 2½ pounds broiler-fryer chicken parts, skinned
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked medium or long-grain rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground saffron or ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen green beans
- 1 small red or green pepper, cut into strips
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- Season chicken with pepper.
- Add to hot oil in dutch oven or "paellero" and cook over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes, turning to brown on both sides.
- Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add rice, onion and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, until onion is transparent and rice is lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, rosemary, paprika, thyme, saffron and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces, green beans, red pepper and peas.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.