- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 500 g potatoes
- 300 g eggplant
- 75 g chopped onions
- 25 g ginger garlic paste
- 25 g chopped tomatoes
- 10 g chopped coriander leaves
- 05 g cumin seeds
- 02 g cinnamon
- 05 g turmeric powder
- 10 g chilli powder
- 10 g coriander powder
- 10 g cumin seeds powder
- 1 lemon
- 50 g oil
- Boil and dice potatoes into 2 inch pieces, fry and keep aside.
- Cut the eggplant in a similar way and fry until cooked.
- Heat the oil and add cumin seeds, when they crackle mix in the cinnamon and onions, stir until translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the same sequence as mentioned above, stirring after each ingredient has been added.
- Add the potatoes and the eggplant, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and finish by checking the seasoning.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.