Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 2 dl Normande sauce
- 1 nice shallot
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 1 tbsp chopped chervil
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 pinches of black pepper
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp veal stock
- 7 salted anchovy filets
- a dash of cayenne
- Prepare the Normande sauce and keep warm.
- Chop the shallot, tarragon and chervil.
- Boil and peel the tomato, then dice it.
- In a saucepan, add the shallot, tomato, 1 tbsp of tarragon, pepper, white wine and vinegar.
- Heat and keep simmering until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
- Pass through a fine sieve making sure to squeeze out every bit of the juices.
- Mix the reduction with the Normande sauce.
To finish Edit
- Heat the veal stock in a small pan until the amount is reduced by half.
- De-salt the anchovies in some what, then mash them with a fork and add them to the sauce along with the stock and cayenne.
- Mix well.
- Force the sauce through a very fine sieve.
- Add the remaining tarragon and chervil.