Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 1 cup dry white peas – soaked for 8 hours
- 1 medium sized onion – chopped
- 1 pod garlic
- ½" piece ginger
- 1 tbsp dry coconut
- 1 tbsp badishap (fennel seeds)
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp zeera
- 6 – 7 cloves
- 5 – 6 peppercorns
- 1 green elaichi
- ½ bada elaichi
- 1" stick cinnamon
- 3 red chillies
- In a pan, heat oil.
- Roast the onions till they turn brown and keep aside.
- Roast all dry ingredients, except dry peas till brown.
- Add ginger, garlic and roasted onions to the roasted ingredients and grind to a fine paste.
- Pressure cook the dry peas till done.
- Chop one tomato finely.
- Crush garlic lightly.
- In a kadai heat oil.
- Add crushed garlic and curry leaves.
- Fry till garlic becomes brown.
- Add ground paste and fry till oil shows up.
- Add tomatoes and fry.
- Add boiled peas and salt.
- Cook till done.