We all know, for healthy living we need healthy food. So in this article, I will be guiding you how you can prepare fast and healthy breakfast cereal or high-energy snack - coconut cookie dough oatmeal. Let me tell you, like any oatmeal recipe, the preparation is very simple and it takes only few minutes to get this dish ready.
Check out the ingredient suggestions below for the recipe –
- One and half cup oats
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Sweetener (i.e. sugar, stevia, etc.)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce or banana
- Four drops coconut extract (optional)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup liquid of choice (nondairy milk, water, coconut milk, etc.)
- 1 or 2 T pre-melted coconut butter or butter coconut oil
- First off, preheat the oven to 380 degrees. Mix-up all the dry ingredients and after that mix-up the wet ones!
- Pour all that in a small baking pan and cook for 20 minutes or more (as necessary, until it gets firm).
- After that, set oven to “high broil” (at about 500 degrees) and bake for 5 more minutes to give it nice crust. That is it.
Note: (If you want your cakes to pop out, make sure you have sprayed ramekins to it beforehand.)
So friends, this is how you can prepare coconut cookie dough oatmeal and can enjoy this fun and flavorful yet still healthy breakfast.