Save your money for the weekends and eat cheap during the week! Skip expensive nights out Sunday through Thursday nights and opt to cook at home instead. It can be hard to find interesting, gourmet meals to eat at home, but we have gathered some economical recipes to help you save money AND keep your taste buds happy.
1. Chicken Night: Arabian Nights Grilled Herbed Chicken
TIP: Buy a chicken whole instead of pre-cut because you will get more meat for less money.
2. Pasta Night: Pasta and Garbanzo Beans with Roasted Vegetables
TIP: Keep canned beans and canned tomatoes on hand- they are only around 50-90 cents a can!
3. Italian Night: Tomato Basil Risotto
TIP: Risotto is a deceptive dish because it appears gourmet, but really it is only inexpensive rice, chicken stock, and vegetables. Impress your friends with this dish!
4. Mexican Night: Burrito Supreme Casserole
TIP: Take Mexican night up a notch by making this burrito casserole. Make your own taco seasoning to have on hand- it's cheaper and tastier!
5. Indian Night: Boneless Chicken Curry with Potatoes
TIP: Curries are surprisingly inexpensive AND easy to make.