- 5 eggs
- ⅓ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 (3 lbs) flank steak
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 small pimento, diced
- ½ cup cooked green peas
- 6 cups broth
- Beat eggs and cheese together.
- Melt butter in skillet; add egg mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until eggs are dry.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on flank steak.
- Cover with cooked eggs, pimento, and peas.
- Roll from short side and sew with string.
- Wrap in cheesecloth and sew again.
- Place in large saucepan and add stock.
- Bring to a boil; skim and turn heat down.
- Simmer, covered, 1½ to 2 hours or until steak is tender.
- Remove from stock and press with a heavy object.
- Cool in bread server.
- Cut in slices and serve with vegetables marinated in a vinaigrette sauce.