Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - South Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 1cup: semolina (Rava)
- ¼ no: Sliced Potato
- ½ no: Sliced Onion
- ½ tsp: Grated ginger
- 3tbs: Grated fresh coconut
- Chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp: Sugar
- 2 tsp: ghee
- salt to taste
- For Seasoning
- 2 tbs: peanuts
- 1 tsp: mustard seeds
- 1 tsp: black gram (urad dal)
- 2 no: Red dry chilli
- ¼ tsp: turmeric powder
- A pinch: asafoetida
- curry leaves few
- 3 tbs: oil
- Heat a pan and slightly roast rava in a low flame. Keep aside and allow it to cool.
- Heat 3 tbs of oil and add the seasoning ingredients except turmeric powder and asafoetida.
- When the mustard splutter, add turmeric and asafoetida and sauté well.
- Add the onions and fry till it soft. Then add Potato fry for few minutes. Add 11/2cup of water, salt to taste and bring to boil. Cover and cook the Potato.
- When it is done, mix grated ginger and Sugar. Turn heat to low flame.
- Add roasted rava little by little. Keep stirring while adding, so that there will not be any lumps.
- Close the lid and cook for few minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and grated coconut.
- Sprinkle ghee over it and serve hot.