Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 8
- 3 lbs Idaho potatoes (about 6)
- 1½ cup heavy or whipping cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1½ tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- ¾ cup cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tbsp paprika
- pepper to taste
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley (flat leaf)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- oil bottom of shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Peel and very thinly slice potatoes.
- Put in mixing bowl and add ¾ cup cram.
- Toss to mix.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add shallots and garlic; sauté over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes don't brown.
- Add bay leaves and rosemary to skillet.
- Whisk in cream cheese, milk and remaining ¾ cup cream.
- Simmer, whisking constantly until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add paprika, salt and pepper.
- Discard bay leaves and pour mixture over potatoes.
- Toss gently.
- Arrange potato mixture in baking dish, spreading out evenly.
- Sprinkle first with Parmesan and then with bread crumbs.
- Bake until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown and bubbly, about 1 hour.
- Cover with foil after 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve at once.
- Make ahead tip: assemble (except for topping) in baking dish early in day.
- Refrigerate covered.
- Add cheese and bread crumbs just before baking.
- Once cooked, will keep warm 15 minutes.