Makes 6 servings
- vegetable cooking spray
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ pound fully cooked smoked sausage, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 2 x 15-ounce cans red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- sliced green onions (optional)
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Heat Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add red beans, sausage, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper and pepper sauce. Cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes more or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve beans over rice. Top with green onions and serve with hot pepper sauce, if desired.