From my Aunt Maggie's collection. Dated 1921. These are a mainstay at my house.
- 4 Pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 2 cooking applies sliced
- 2 cups apple cider
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Roll Pork chops in this mixture and brown the chops.
- When chops are brown, turn down heat, add flour mixture for the gravy, top chops with sliced Apples and add the apple cider until the chops are covered.
- Simmer until tender, approximately 1 hour.