- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 ⅞ cups sugar (brown or white)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350° F. Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Place butter in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at high (100%) 2 to 2½ minutes or until melted.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well. Blend in cocoa.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well.
- Stir in milk chocolate chips and nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan bake 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars. Serve cold and plain.