Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Come Into the Kitchen
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound beef chuck, in one piece
- 8 cups beef bouillon
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 medium raw beets, shredded
- ½ medium cabbage, shredded
- 1 tbsp minced parsley
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- sour cream
- Place beef and cold beef bouillon in deep kettle.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, and skim.
- Simmer covered, for about 30 minutes.
- In another pan, melt butter and saute in it onion, carrots, beets, cabbage and parsley for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and vinegar and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add to soup with potatoes.
- Simmer, covered, for about 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Skim when needed.
- Correct seasonings.
- Remove beef to platter, slice and serve separately.
- Serve with sour cream.