Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ugali is a compact cooked mixture of water and corn (Maize meal) served for lunch or dinner across East Africa.
- Boil the water with the salt added in a saucepan.
- In a separate bowl, stir the milk into the white cornmeal.
- Keep stirring until it is smooth.
- Then slowly pour the cornmeal mixture into the boiling salted water.
- Stir this mixture constantly for a couple of minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Turn the heat on the stove to low and continue to cook the ugali for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Stir it every couple of minutes.
- Keep cooking and stirring until the ugali is very stiff and thick and pulls away from the sides of the saucepan.