Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- From: Breads, Cakes and Pies in Family Meals
- Serves: 12 (makes 12 medium-size muffins)
- Calories per muffin: About 150
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup shortening, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (hot).
- Grease muffin tins.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt thoroughly.
- Mix egg and milk; add fat. Add to flour mixture.
- Stir until dry ingredients are barely moistened. Do not overmix. Batter will be lumpy.
- Fill muffin tins half full of batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.