Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Calories per serving (2 tacos without taco sauce): About 270
- Source: FOOD—by U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Typed for you by Karen Mintzias
- Serves: 6
- 12 taco shells, fully cooked
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 2 ounces natural sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- taco sauce, as desired
- Heat taco shells as directed on package.
- Brown ground beef and onion in a frying pan.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally, until mixture is dry and crumbly.
- Fill heated taco shells with approximately 2 tablespoons meat mixture.
- Mix tomato, lettuce, and cheese.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons over beef in taco shells.
- Drizzle with taco sauce, as desired.