Calories per serving (2 tacos without taco sauce): About 270
- Source: FOOD—by U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Typed for you by Karen Mintzias
- Serves: 6
- 12 taco shells, fully cooked
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 2 ounces natural sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- taco sauce, as desired
- Heat taco shells as directed on package.
- Brown ground beef and onion in a frying pan.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally, until mixture is dry and crumbly.
- Fill heated taco shells with approximately 2 tablespoons meat mixture.
- Mix tomato, lettuce, and cheese.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons over beef in taco shells.
- Drizzle with taco sauce, as desired.