This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hoyt Estate in Allen, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 16 ounces feta cheese cut into pieces
- 3 cups white béchamel sauce
- 6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 package filo dough
- Crush feta to a paste then add sauce and eggs while stirring well.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Line baking pan with oil then place about 10 sheets of buttered dough in baking dish.
- Pour batter and flatten with a spatula then continue with the rest of the filo sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Cool then cut into squares and serve.