Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hoyt Estate in Allen, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 16 ounces feta cheese cut into pieces
- 3 cups white béchamel sauce
- 6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 package filo dough
- Crush feta to a paste then add sauce and eggs while stirring well.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Line baking pan with oil then place about 10 sheets of buttered dough in baking dish.
- Pour batter and flatten with a spatula then continue with the rest of the filo sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Cool then cut into squares and serve.