Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Elmquist Estate in Heath, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- ⅜ cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Beat yolks until thickened then add sugar gradually.
- Add hot water then sift in salt, baking powder and flour.
- Fold in stiffly beaten whites and lemon extract.
- Bake at 350°F in ungreased tin for 35 minutes.
- Turn upside down until cool.