Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Two Cheese Pizza from the National Diabetes Education Program, US government resource in the public domain—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: 4
- Serves: About 30 minutes
- Whole wheat flour
- 1 can (10 oz) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Spread whole-wheat flour over working surface. Roll out dough with rolling pin to desired crust thickness.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray. Transfer pizza crust to cookie sheet. Brush olive oil over crust.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the dried basil, onion, garlic, and salt; spread this mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle crust with mozzarella cheese. Top cheese with mushrooms and red pepper.
- Bake at 425 °F. oven for 13–15 minutes until cheese melts and crust is deep golden brown.
- Cut into 8 slices.