- butter for greasing
- 9 Twinkies
- 3 eggs -- Large, Separated
- 1 Dash cream of tartar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 6 oz chocolate chips -- Semisweet
- 1 c pecans -- Chopped
- 1 c heavy cream -- Whipped
- Grease Pyrex Square or Rectangular Casserole With butter.
- Cut 8 Twinkies in thirds, lengthwise. Place one third of the twinkies into the bottom of the greased pan.
- Beat Egg Whites with the cream of tartar and sugar, Adding vanilla.
- Melt chocolate chips in The Top of a double boiler. Add egg Yolks to chocolate, slowly, continuing to stir over boiling water. #Fold chocolate into egg whites.
- Spread Over twinkies, then sprinkle about half of the nuts on top. Layer on more twinkies, more chocolate, and more nuts.
- Continue Layering.
- Top with whipped cream and a Single whole twinkie.
- Chill And Serve.