Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium until a light haze forms above it.
- Add as many plantain slices as you can without crowding the pan, and brown about 2 minutes on each side.
- As they brown, transfer them to paper towels to drain.
- On a cutting board, use a spatula to press each slice into a flat round about ¼-inch thick and 2 inches in diameter.
- Dip the rounds in salted water and shake off the excess.
- Heat the oil and fry the rounds again, about 1 minute on each side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve at once.