Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 8 servings.
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 2 tablespoons cream sherry
- 3 cups cooked rice, divided
- 2 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped candied red cherries
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine Raisins and sherry; allow to stand 1 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan combine rice, 2 cups milk, Sugar, butter and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened, 20 to 25 minutes, stirring often.
- Blend eggs with remaining 1 cup milk.
- Add to rice mixture; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in vanilla; chill. Add fruits, sherry and nuts.
- Spoon into individual dessert dishes. Garnish with additional fruit, if desired.