Foil packet side dishes are the perfect way to cook a whole meal on the grill. Keep your kitchen cool with this potato, pepper and onion trio.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- © 2007 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2007 WeightWatchers.com, Inc.
- Preparation Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 25 min
- Servings: 4 (1 packet each)
- 1 pound uncooked red potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium yellow pepper, cut into thin strips (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp rosemary, fresh, chopped, or less to taste 
- ½ tsp table salt
- ½ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Heat outdoor grill.
- Tear off four 12-inch long pieces of aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, pepper strips, onion, oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and black pepper until mixed and coated.
- Spread about 1½ cups of vegetable mixture in a fairly even layer near 1 end of each piece of foil.
- Fold foil over to form packets; fold edges over to form a tight seal.
- Grill packets, turning a few times, until potatoes are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- ↑ Rosemary imparts a strong flavor to this recipe. If you're not a big rosemary fan, cut back on the amount.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1 packet:
- WW Points: 3