Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 x 435 g (15 oz) cans haricot beans
- 1 liter (1¾ pints) vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 150 ml (¼ pint) quality olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 25 g (1 oz) chopped parsley
- parsley sprigs to garnish
- Drain the haricot beans, rinse well and drain.
- Put half of them in a large pan with the vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10–15 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth, adding a little water if the soup is too thick.
- Return to the pan, season and add the remaining whole beans.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the olive oil in a separate pan and fry the garlic slices until golden.
- Add to the soup with the remaining oil and chopped parsley.
- Serve garnished with parsley sprigs.